Holly Anderson, Editor in Chief
State Farm Employee
- About Me:
Holly Anderson is a resourceful writer who is committed to providing the answers you’re seeking.
Before joining the Public Affairs team at State Farm® in 2009, Holly was the editor of three suburban Chicago newspapers, owned by Sun-Times News Group. She began her career covering state government in Springfield, IL and later covered a variety of beats, including: business, education, crime, courts and municipal government.
Holly has a master’s degree in Public Affairs Reporting from University of Illinois at Springfield and a bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication from Western Illinois University.
Holly has written about everything from hurricanes and severe weather to house fires and home renovation. She has received journalism honors from the Illinois Press Association and Suburban Newspapers of America. Holly will use her reporting skills to help you find the answers you’re seeking and do her best to deliver them in a way that’s easy to understand.
Since September 2011 Holly has been reporting for State Farm Insurance Company’s® News Hub, covering the latest news, issues and features relevant to State Farm and the lives of its associates and agents. She has an intimate knowledge of how major life events affect people, and the resources that are out there to help us recover from the unexpected. Insurance, when practiced properly, is there to help during the times we need it most.
When Holly isn’t writing, she’s enjoying time with her husband and three young children, perusing online news outlets, scouting new music, playing catch with her 11-year-old golden retriever, or catching up with friends.
- IBHS Issues Manufactured Home Safety Checklist
- Mar 21, 2012
- Wise Planning For Selling Your Home
- Jan 27, 2012
- Money Market Deposit Account vs. Money Market Mutual Fund
- Jan 19, 2012
- Still Time To Winterize
- Jan 5, 2012
- Safe Room Protects Family
- Dec 30, 2011
- Monitoring Your Credit Score
- Dec 23, 2011
- Credit Impacts Loan Qualification, Rate
- Dec 23, 2011
- Credit Report Tracks Credit History
- Dec 22, 2011
- Blizzard Blows Into Central Plains, Southwest
- Dec 19, 2011
- Distracted Driving Problem Extends Beyond Texting
- Dec 14, 2011
- Parking Tips To Help Avoid Door Dings
- Dec 5, 2011
- Good News For Green Drivers; Lower Injury Odds
- Nov 23, 2011
- Holiday Shopping For Wee Ones
- Nov 18, 2011
- Holly's Blog: Five Minivans Rank High For Safety
- Nov 16, 2011
- Actor William Shatner, State Farm on Improper Turkey Frying
- Nov 16, 2011
- Earthquake Raises Coverage, Preparation Awareness
- Nov 8, 2011
- U.S. Winter Weather Forecast Announced
- Oct 24, 2011
- Holly's Blog: Tools For Safe Teen Driving
- Oct 19, 2011
- Holly's Blog: New Booster Seat Ratings
- Oct 13, 2011
- 'Tis The Season To Travel, Shop
- Oct 11, 2011
- U.S. Deer-Vehicle Collisions Fall 7 Percent
- Oct 5, 2011
- Take Control Of Your Wallet
- Sep 26, 2011
- Most Stolen Cars of 2010
- Sep 23, 2011
- Is Damage From Space Junk Covered?
- Sep 22, 2011